Attention: Senator Bukola Saraki
The National Assembly Complex
3 Arms Zones
Dear Senate President,
Social Media Bill
The role of social media in ensuring the dissemination of information on the rot of our society and exposing identified individual has been tremendous in this era of change. No wonder your colleagues are plotting to stifle our vibrant social media from expressing their minds legitimately in line with the Act of the Fundamental Human Right and freedom to information.
We want to send a very clear message on behalf of the Nigeria People that Nigerians from all the constituencies in the entire 36 states of the federation denounces the Social Media Bill outrightly. This Bill is dead on arrival. We already have existing laws in place for deformation of character, libel and treason.
There is nowhere in the world where somebody who is accused of serious criminal offence, terrorism crime or money laundering crime is allowed to make laws that will govern the people. Such a person automatically lost his or her credibility, integrity to make laws to govern a people and at the same time has no moral right to be making laws:
For the avoidance of doubt, we are putting it on record that the following Senators and many more in that hollowed chambers have no moral right to make laws for the Nigeria people. In a sane society, yourself and majority of your colleagues have no business being in the Red chamber:
- Senator Bukola Saraki – In 2014 the Special Fraud Unit of the Nigeria Police issued a damning report recommending him you for prosecution over alleged violation of Nigeria’s money laundering laws. You also have an ongoing case of false assets declaration with CCT
- Senator Theodore Orji – Still has a pending EFCC case of money laundering as a former governor
- Senator Danjuma Goje – Still has a pending EFCC case of money laundering as a former governor
- Senator Andy Uba – Mr Nuhu Ribadu had alleged that Mr. James Ibori offered him bribe money at the residence of Mr. Andy Uba who facilitated the bribe so that the EFCC could drop its investigation of the former governor. Senator Andy Uba swore an affidavit claiming ownership of the money.
- Senator Goodhope Uzodinma – Still has a pending EFCC case of criminal conduct.
- Senator Adamu Aliero – Still has a pending EFCC case of criminal conduct and money laundering
- Senator Abdulazeez Murtala Nyako – Still has a pending EFCC case of money laundering.
- Senator Ali Ndume – Still has a pending EFCC case of serious criminal conduct. Infact he has a court case with DSS for affiliating with Boko Haram, a terrorist group.
- Senator Stella Oduah – She was indicted by a Presidential administrative panel. The EFFC should be prosecuting her.
- Senator Sam Egwu – Still has a pending EFCC case of money laundering as a former governor.
- Senator Buruji Kashamu – He was declared wanted by the United States government for drug related offences. He is still battling his extradition court case with NDLEA
- Senator Joshua Dariye – Still has a pending EFCC case of money laundering. A five-man panel of the Supreme Court led by Justice Sylvester Ngwuta, said Mr. Dariye’s suit was a “sad commentary on the country’s anti-graft war”. While he was ordered to return to the Abuja High Court to face corruption trial, Mr. Dariye rather headed to the Senate to make laws for Nigerians.
- Senator Abdullahi Adamu – Still has a pending EFCC case of money laundering. He has made several attempts at getting the courts to drop his charges, Mr. Adamu has met brick wall but these have not dampened his morale and barred him from sitting in the “hallowed” chambers of the Nigerian Senate to make laws since 2011.
- Senator Dino Maleye, has been exposed by a media organisation for operating a foreign account which is a breach of the code of conduct bureau for public office holder and a criminal offence.
Change Organisation Nigeria will not hesitate to join forces with other civil organisations in mobilising the Nigeria People to kick-start the process of recalling any Senator that seeks to enslave the Nigeria People.
We have since realised that when it comes to any issues where the Elites wants to protect their interests, there is no difference between PDP and APC. They both join forces to protect their greedy interests. First, it was the governors coming together that they can no longer pay the meagre minimum wage of N18, 000. Now, it’s the Senators coming together to try to stifle the people’s freedom.
Change Organisation Nigeria has already submitted an online petition on its website against the Social Media Bill where Nigerians from every part of the federation have been signing in droves. We have also informed Nigerians to be prepared to recall any Senator when we send out the notice through our medium. Massive sensitisation is ongoing through our medium.
It will be ill-advised for you and your colleagues to underestimate our resolve. Nigerians did not elect any Senator to come and enslave the Nigeria People.
God bless Nigeria
Initiator & Founder
Change Organisation Nigeria.
cc: Speaker, House of Representative
cc: Clerk, National Assembly
cc: Chairman, EFCC
cc: The Nigeria Press